Awards & Scholarships
Each year OAGCT provides a number of awards and scholarships. The awards and scholarships are listed below with links to the application. All scholarship applications with the exception of the Go Foundation and the Beverly Riggs Scholarship must be emailed no later than midnight January 19, 2018.
- The Beverly Riggs Camp Scholarship pays up to $500 toward summer camp attendance for Oklahoma students who are identified as gifted. The camp must be in the gifted areas of academic, artistic enrichment, leadership, and/or acceleration. Applications must be postmarked or emailed by midnight April 13, 2018.
- The Outstanding Service Award is presented in recognition of service to Oklahoma’s gifted and talented students. Anyone who is actively involved in gifted and talented education is eligible to receive this award. This includes parents, teachers, consultants, administrators, or others who are involved in a personal effort to help gifted and talented students in Oklahoma. Anyone may make a nomination for the award. Please feel to nominate any qualified person who has not previously been selected. Nominations are due January 19, 2018. Thank you for your nominations.
- The Advocacy Award is presented in recognition of public support for Oklahoma’s gifted and talented students to the Legislature, colleges and universities or local school districts, and/or the Oklahoma State Board of Regents. Anyone who is actively involved in a personal effort to improve gifted and talented education is eligible to receive this award. Anyone may submit a nomination for this award. Nominations are due January 19, 2018. Thank you for your nominations
- The OAGCT Cheryl Kennedy Award is a $500 grant awarded to educators for financing a research project, or training in gifted and talented education, such as Confratute or NAGC. Nominations are due January 19, 2018. Thank you for your nominations.
- The Nicholas Green Distinguished Student Award, a $500 award, is designed to recognize excellence in young children and is awarded to one student in each state who is in grades 3, 4, 5, and 6 and has distinguished himself or herself in academics, leadership, or the arts. Originally the award program was established through funds provided by Maggie and Reg Green in honor of their seven-year-old son Nicholas. The Greens feel it is important to recognize gifts and talents in children who are now at the age that Nicholas was when he died. Once a winner is selected by the state affiliate organization, NAGC may be contacted by the state affiliate to produce a national award certificate and to create a letter of congratulations to the winner's parent that includes a one-year NAGC parent membership. Please click here for more information on the award. Click the title link above to access the google form application. Nominations are due January 19, 2018. Thank you for your nominations.
- The Gifted Oklahomans (GO) Foundation and Oklahoma Association of the Gifted, Creative & Talented Application is a scholarship for teachers of gifted students to pursue college course work or a master’s degree in the field of gifted education. The scholarship is provided with the stipulation the course work is completed with a B or above, the recipient is willing to submit a syllabus and transcript, turn in a copy of the grade or a letter from the professor with a grade, the teacher is working or planning to work in an Oklahoma school in gifted education, and is willing to present at the OAGCT spring state convention with other scholarship recipients. Scholarship money will be awarded in a timely manner upon the successful completion and verification of the class. Applications are taken through the second week of the semester for which you are applying for a scholarship. Email applications to email@example.com